Monday, March 10, 2008

What kind of animal would you be?

Lanie has had a miserable two days, the likes I haven't seen since we banned Skittles from the house for similar moodiness. But we did get some levity yesterday during a family trip to the library for this week's reading materials. As we left, Shane snuck around the car and started pretending he was some kind of scary creature, which, at first, got a few squeals and laughs out of Lanie. Then, started to frustrate her and her anger tried to take over. So I said, "Hey, Lanie. If Daddy were an animal, what kind of animal would he be?"

I didn't hear her response so well, but Shane laughed out loud when he heard it. I looked at him and he said, "A poopy moose." I was considering how to lecture against the use of potty words, but their laughter got the best of me. Almost afraid of what would come out of her mouth, I said, "What kind of animal would Mommy be?"

Her response, "A nice heart."

Shane, indignant, argued, "That's not even an animal!"

No comments: