Sunday, May 4, 2008

Yeah, about that guest of honor thing ...

I think moms are exempt. I say this with a smile on my face.

Lanie was GOH the first night and loved being it: she picked her own dinner, drink, t.v. show and evening activity. She had a lot of fun. I was GOH the next night, kind of. It went like this: I fixed dinner for the kids. Then Shane came home and Lanie followed him down to the basement while he exercised and she rode her scooter around. Meanwhile, I ate my dinner, cleared dishes and fixed Shane's dinner. Then he came up and ate and I cleaned up. I mentioned how I didn't feel like much of a guest of honor. Lanie chirps, "Well, in my mind, you're the guest of honor."

Seeing his chance, Shane agrees, "Yeah, you're a guest of honor in my mind too."

Lanie reminded me, "I asked you what you wanted to drink."

"But did you get it for me?" I countered.

"No."

I reminded Lanie of the verse "Do not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth." Shane said I could be GOH the next night instead. I have to say, it was more of the same. I may need to rethink my approach to this!

No comments: