Sunday, May 18, 2008

Zoo

We're going to the National Zoo today. We had planned a zoo trip, and the MD Zoo in/at Balto is pretty lame (and disappointingly expensive for a fam of four). But the Nat Zoo is free! Free! And I haven't been there in probably twenty+ years.

So I'm in the kitchen doing a zoo dance (just wiggle and chant "Zoo, zoo, zoo! We're going to the zoo!" Anyone who knows me well enough will know that I'll get silly and break out into song over just about anything.). Shane is eating his breakfast while I do this. I say, "Aren't you excited we're going to the zoo?"

"I'm not really a zoo person," he says. "I'm really just going for the kids (insert pause as he takes in my zoo dance and my puzzled expression at his reply)-- and I guess you."

I thought that was really funny. He's such a good sport.

Oh, I hope we see a panda! (Zoo, zoo zoo. We're going to the zoo!)

2 comments:

Christine said...

So if you haven't been to the National Zoo in 20 years, does that mean the last time you went was with me in high school? Didn't we take the subway there, and didn't you get pooped on by a bird in the subway station? I remember laughing until I cried!

I hope you all enjoyed yourselves...it's something I'm very much looking forward to myself.

Courtney said...

Ha! Yes, it was with you. And I remember the bird pooped on me: right on my nose! I still laugh about it.

Unfortunately, we didn't go because it rained nearly all day. We are hoping to make it over the holiday weekend.

You know, I'm so glad that bird pooped on me and that you were there to see it. It has brought me years of chuckles.