Saturday, October 25, 2008

Doing dishes

There were three very hungry bellies in my car this morning as we left the gym after Lanie's dance lesson. I picked up some fresh pizzas at a nearby store. Popped those pizzas in the oven when we got home and everyone silently, ravenously feasted ten minutes later.

Shane encouraged Lanie to take her dishes into the kitchen when she was finished. I was helping to clear the table and passed by Lanie and she tried to pass her plates off to me. "Keep it going," I said, pointing to the sink.

I unloaded the clean dishes from the dishwasher and began to load the dirty ones as Shane wrapped up leftover pizza. Then he starts taking the dirty dishes out of the dishwasher!

"Wha--?" I ask.

"You can't put that in there like that!" he says of the pizza cutter. "It's still got cheese on it."

It only had sauce on it. Really. All the plates that had cheese on them were taking a soak.

Then he starts taking out knives.

"There isn't any cheese on those knives," I said in defense.

"We might need them sooner than we run those dishes," he explained.

I started putting the sippy cups in the dishwasher. I hear deep sighing. I look at him and see him shaking his head in disapproval.

"I'm going to have to reorganize this, I see."

This is what I mean when I say he's orderly, neat and tidy. Some might say obsessive, compulsive.

No comments: