Wednesday, October 15, 2008

She's six



It's Lanie's birthday today. She's officially six. When I look at her face, she seems so big. But when I see pictures of her, she seems so young. "I'm so glad I had you first," I often say. She usually snuggles against me then, and smiles a halo smile.

For school, she's taking in Rice Krispie treats with sprinkles on top. And for Show and Tell, she's taking in a miniature pumpkin. We roasted pumpkin seeds with pumpkin pie spice on them for her to share with the class. She said, "I'll try one if Olivia does."

Olivia, eat the pumpkin seed.

I hope she has a special day. Shane's coming back today and will be home in time for dinner and cake. Friday she gets to take a friend to the mall for lunch and Build-a-Bear.

Happy birthday, my sweet pickle. I've had six great years of learning about you and trying to figure out how to be a good mom and role model for you. Thank you for keeping me on my toes, for developing a deeper sense of love, patience and understanding in me, for blessing me with your words and counsel--your insight sometimes takes me off guard. I love everything about you, sweet child. I'm a lucky mom.

No comments: