Friday, December 12, 2008

It's not a party without Bob


Yesterday was Erin's happy birthday. We had some dear friends over to celebrate for a homegrown party. I doubt that Erin even understood the significance of the day. She knew it was her birthday, but as the day went along, it seemed same old, same old to her.

Until Bob showed up. When it was time to decorate the cake, I knew what had to be done. The question for me was: do I show her the cake or surprise her later? I decided to show her.

The cake:




Erin looking at the cake:



Erin leaning over to lick Bob. I stopped her in time!




She loved the red balloons I made up for her. She loved playing with Lanie and Ashlyn. She even understood the concept of unwrapping presents, and provided the appropriate "oohs" and "aahhs," however premature sometimes. All much to our delight.


I saved the VeggieTale castle for last. She was so visibly excited. I wished our video camera was working to capture it. Just sweet.

Last night, she brought all the VeggieTale characters to bed with us!
Thanks to our friends for braving the rainstorm and rush hour traffic to celebrate our little two. Yahoo!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Erin looking at the cake" - priceless photo!

PETE

Courtney said...

It was all so priceless to me. I'm glad I took time out to celebrate this sweet little life. She was just adorable.

jodie said...

A few years ago we had access to adult size veggie costumes. We had Bob, Larry, Jr, and Pa Asparagus roaming the halls of Century High. They were incredible costumes. The kids loved them. Erin would have gone wild. Probably wouldn't have wanted to go home.

Karen said...

Courtney-This party looks fun! Thanks for sparing some time to help me with the newsletter...I love your blog.