Sunday, January 11, 2009

Baby



My friend Christy is having a baby boy in February, and I was lucky to host a baby shower for her little guy. And her too.



The girls helped me roll diapers to make a diaper cake. Erin pulled the diapers out of the bag. I rolled and banded them. Lanie stacked them on the counter. The family stood around me as I assembled the cake. We were all interested to see if I could pull it off, and how it would look. Not bad for a first timer.
We had Mexican layer dip, fruit and veggie tray, black bean soup and southwest chicken salad. Dessert was a dreamy whipped peanut butter cake. The send away was boxes of chocolate kisses and baggies of chocolate heart-shaped cookies. Easiest cutout cookie I've ever made.
Christy, thank you for letting me do this for you. I am so very happy for your growing family. Now get to work and pick out a name for that baby!


No comments: