Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Bless you, Erin

I think two is my favorite age. I love seeing Erin go through two ... and there's nothing terrible about it. She does have tantrums sometimes, but so do I (and it isn't pretty at 39 either). Things I hope I remember forever:

  • when she sneezes and we bless her, she blesses us back
  • she reads books to her VeggieTale toys
  • she scrinches up her nose and covers her eyes and says, "Find me!"
  • she picks the chocolate chips out of her cookies and gives them to me
  • she likes to do everything herself, and if anyone tries to help her, she starts back at the beginning
  • she still can't get her colors down, but has a lot of fun trying
  • when I say, "My Erin!" she says, "My mommy!"
  • she gives hugs and kisses without prompting

The other day on the ride home, some carpool friends were asking each other what their favorite foods are and someone asked Erin. Her response, "Fa-fallows, shoe shacks, chips!" (Which translates to marshmallows, fruit snacks and chips. This doesn't sound like I'm much of a mom: in my defense, she does eat vegetables and other healthy foods.)

Today, though, her fevered body fell asleep cuddled up next to me and I loved feeling her fall as her body relaxed and fell close to me. Feel better, baby. Bless you.

2 comments:

Karen said...

So sweet.

Beckie said...

Oh, so sorry to hear that Erin is sick. Isn't it amazing that when our children are sick, we aren't in the least bit afraid of snuggling up close & holding them through it all, even at the risk of contracting it ourself. I pray for a speedy recovery for your sweet 2-yr old! I love the age of 18 months - 2 yrs too.