Thursday, February 5, 2009

Chippety-do-da

Some time ago, I offered to start packing Shane's lunches for him so he wouldn't have to eat out during the week. And sometime much later, he finally let me do it. I think I've been packing his lunch for four years now. He's pretty much a sandwich, chips, fruit and treat guy. No soups or leftovers he has to heat up. Most of the time, our default treats are these:

Chocolate Chip White Chip Cookies

2 sticks of butter, softened
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (I use unbleached)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt (I use lite salt)
1 bag of Nestle chocolate chunks (this recipe is basically the recipe on the back of the bag, but with lots of chips)
1 bag of Nestle white morsels

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add flour, salt and baking soda. Combine. Add chocolate chunks and white morsels. Plop dough haphazardly on an ungreased baking pan, about 12 per pan. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for ten minutes. Makes about 4 dozen.

I keep ours in the freezer for Shane's lunches, the daily after-breakfast snack and for when company pops in. We like our cookies frozen.

Life as Mom has more lunch ideas. But me, I'm all about dessert.

4 comments:

CountryMama@The Cozy Country Home said...

These sound great...they could be my big, thick cookie I talk about having in my lunch box! Thanks for the new recipe!

5intow said...

so funny all these subtle similarities that keep appearing. We are frozen cookie people, too!

I also forgot to mention on your 25 things post that I always skip highlighted stuff, too. Don't know why. I look at the paper and generally skip over the big headlined articles and read about all the little stuff that really doesn't matter.
~Erin

Courtney said...

Country Mama, loved your sandwich idea.

Erin, I'm so glad I know you. If you lived next door, I suspect we'd have a lot of fun.

Chocolate, Vanilla and Caramel said...

I'm all about desserts too. Main courses only exist so dessert can then be enjoyed. In college, I ate dessert first because I figured that if I got full, I would have already eaten the best part instead of getting full at the best part.