Thursday, February 26, 2009

Immunity

Erin has had a stuffy head cold the past few days. Really stuffy nose. Runny eyes. Occasionally full of fuss--or maybe that's just the two in her. Last night at dinner, she ran over to me for comfort. She climbed right up in my lap and I held her close and rubbed her back.

Shane looked at me in shock, "I can't believe you're not sick yet."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"She dropped her fork and I used a napkin to pick it up and put it next to her. And look at you!" he explained.

"Yeah, this morning, I got her out of bed and she sneezed right in my face!" I told him.

Maybe it's only a matter of time. Though I kid Shane for all the vitamins he takes and he still gets sick, and I don't take anything and I'm made of steel (well, except for the possible emphysema part). Mothers must have a special immunity.

1 comment:

5intow said...

I fall into thinking I am immune sometimes. I have been puked on, sneezed on, coughed on, shared cups and sickly snuggles, and often somehow am spared the sickness. Or, at least, I am the last to get it, so when the house is really in need of attention, so am I. Somehow we make it through.

Hope you're all well soon!
~Erin