Friday, March 20, 2009

Morning has broken

3:50 a.m. Up to make Shane's lunch.
5:00 a.m. Finally back to sleep.
5:20 a.m. Erin decides to wake up. I tell her it's still dark out. She tells me to turn on the light. Then she starts to cry. I try to settle her down. She asks for a tissue.
5:25 a.m. I get the tissue. Erin has stolen my spot on the bed. When I scootch her over, she begins to cry in all-caps.
5:45 a.m. We are both back to sleep.
6:12 a.m. Lanie climbs into bed. She brings her sniffles. *Sniffle.*Sniffle.*
6:20 a.m. I send her back to her room because the sniffles are too much.
6:40 a.m. Lanie comes back into my room promising not to sniffle. She curls up too close to Erin and wakes Erin up.
6:41 a.m. Erin cheerily says, "Good morgeen, Mama!" Um. Ok.
6:44 a.m. We're up for cuddles.
7:00 a.m. We're finally out of bed.

1 comment:

Beckie said...

Funny, b/c I was going to blog about the same sort of thing that happened here today too! There were 6 of us awake at 5:45. Like dominoes falling, one woke up another, etc. We attempted to go back to sleep, but it didn't work. I was laying in my bed with Josh on one side & Olivia on the other, both coughing on me.