Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snow!

Erin makes a snowball.
Lanie looks like she is buried in this!

Two kiddos preparing for fun.


Erin waits patiently for me to get myself together. Snapping pictures with gloves on is tricky business.
It wasn't even 7 a.m., and Lanie was at my bedside informing me she had eaten breakfast and brushed her teeth and was ready to go play in the snow. I tried to buy myself some time, "Ok, let's wait just a little bit, because it's going to snow all day. Let's say we'll go out at 9?"
But in the meanwhile, I broke up three scuffles and had a kid in timeout. It was time to go out. By 8:30 we were getting on coats and gloves and boots. By 8:50, we were outside. I pulled the kids on the sled; we rode down the hill on the side of our yard a couple times, and I'm sure anyone watching us was amused to see me struggling to walk back up the hill. Holding a child. I finally had to crawl.
We were finished our play by 9:30 a.m. to everyone's great satisfaction. I'm guessing we got 6-8 inches, the deepest snow of the season. And I find myself secretly wishing that it's the last snow of the season.

1 comment:

jodie said...

Don't know why this has taken me so long to figure out but I've thought of another way you can serve at LP. Photographing. Your photos are beyond amazing!