Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Another reason why "Good Guy" is never far behind

I've been planning to start interval training. I envision this: taking a walk with the kids in the stroller--or Lanie on the bike--and at the end of each street in our neighborhood, I'd whip out my jump rope and jump for as long as I can. Then resume walking until the next end of the street.

Well, I have put part of this plan in action. The walking part. I don't have a jump rope and have been meaning to get to Dick's Sporting Goods to pick one up. I could probably find one at Wal-mart, but it seemed sportier to get it at a sporting goods store. The short: I haven't had time to drive the half hour to get there. Believe me, though, pushing two kids in a stroller (all probably totalling 100 pounds) up hill is hard work.

So last night Shane comes home from work and I notice he's got a Dick's Sporting Goods bag in his hand. I was seriously bent out of shape.

"Why didn't you tell me you were going there? I've wanted to get there for a long time and get a jump rope," the grumblefuss in me started.

He greeted the kids, even gave my sour lips a kiss hello. Then he says, "Let me show you what I got."

He takes out the gloves he bought for his heavy bag. Yeah, yeah, it's all about you, buddy, isn't it? I thought.

Then he pulls out two more packages. One is a kids' jump rope. The other is an adult's jump rope. Because he is such a Good Guy, he didn't make me feel bad for thinking my snarky thoughts. The kind of guy that when you have to eat crow, he'll pull up a chair next to you and keep you company so you don't notice how bad it tastes.

Good Guy. Lucky girl.

2 comments:

jodie said...

Oh and...great story. How was the crow?

Courtney said...

Quite filling, thanks for asking.