Thursday, April 23, 2009

Middle of the night

I woke up at 1 a.m. and wondered why I was awake at 1 a.m.

By 1:48 a.m., I wasn't back to sleep. Feeling odd muscle cramping in my chest, convinced myself that I wouldn't see the morning. Laid in bed five more minutes and talked myself out of heart attack.

By 1:55, I figured it was time to get up and make Shane's lunch. So I did. Then decided to read for Friday's reading on 66 Books. By 2:30 a.m., heard Erin stir and start to cry out for me. Run upstairs to quiet her. Figured it was a good time to try to get back to sleep.

Between 2:35 and 2:55, I nudged and poked Shane three times to get him to quit snoring. The only thing that worked was his alarm going off at 3 a.m.

I don't know what happened after that. I finally fell asleep.

1 comment:

Beckie said...

Wednesday night was like that for me. I was up till about 2:45 and then the kids were up at 6am. Thank goodness they don't come that often. It's so hard to be patient & loving on 3 hours of sleep.