Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spies

The kiddos and I had a great playdate yesterday with some new friends at a nearby park. In the evening, I helped Erin explain to Shane what had happened.

"Erin, did you tell Daddy about the park?" I prompted.

"Oh ... Daddy ... park ... fun ..." she starts in breathless 2-speak.

"Did you tell him about the slides and the swings?" I help along.

"Yeah ... slides ... mumble, mumble ... swings ... kids!" she continues.

It was a fun day. In fact, Lanie informed me it was the best day of her life.

"Lanie told me Sunday was the best day of her life when we were flying her kite," Shane said. She got a kite in her Easter basket. And when she came inside after the fun, she said her face hurt from smiling so big.

I shrugged my shoulders. As I tucked her in that night, we talked about the good stuff that day. And we said prayers. She wondered if our new friends knew Jesus.

"I don't know," I said.

"You could ask them," she suggested. "Or we could just spy on them!"

2 comments:

Chocolate, Vanilla and Caramel said...

Personally, I have always thought the best way to find out if new friends know Jesus is just to spy on them. Very helpful indeed.

Courtney said...

You are funny! Now I know who to call when I need some mysteries solved. =)