Friday, May 29, 2009

Super surprise Friday: bucket of fun

Some summer fun ideas:

Take a beach bucket. Fill with water guns, water balloons, sidewalk chalk, magnifying glass, jacks, jump rope, construction paper, bubbles, puzzle, Frisbee and whatever else you can fit inside.

Instant summer boredom buster. Not that we're bored, but I'm sure the time will come when one or the other will need an idea. (And you can get most, if not all at the dollar store and split between friends.)

I made up two: One for my girls, one for a family friend. Lanie enjoyed running it to their house, in the fog, all before 7 a.m.

Whew.

I made them up last night. I left the one for our friends out. When Lanie woke me up at 6:30 (this after I woke up at 2:30 a.m., and made the mistake of trying to fall back to sleep at 5), she was all, "It's Super Surprise Friday!"

"Mmm, hmph," I mumbled.

"Mommy. Want to wake up now," Erin said.

Note to self: next time I wake up in the middle of the night, unless I try to go back to sleep within the hour, just stay awake. Now I feel like I have a head full of sand.

Lanie spied the bucket.

"Who's that for?" she asked. After I told her, she said, "I wish we could have one."

I wasn't sure I was going to give them theirs today or save it for another Friday, but I walked out with one in my hands and the girls squealed and giggled. Both are happily occupied.

Happy Friday.

No comments: