Saturday, June 27, 2009

House guest

Little Bill, a friend's hamster, is staying with us for the week.

"We don't have to clean the cage, do we?" Shane asked.

"I don't think so. I didn't see any litter," I said. Immediately, he thinks this will become his job.

Erin is thrilled. Lanie is quite excited too. The latter a much bigger deal than the former.

I am glad to see Lanie's enthusiasm and curiosity toward our guest. I helped Little Bill out of his cage and let the girls take turns holding him. Erin thought he would lay still and cuddle, but he was ready to explore. Lanie, still timid, just touched him and then let me set him on her lap.

"How about we let the hamster sleep up in your room?" I suggested to Lanie.

"Yes!" she said.

So what if hamsters are nocturnal. She'll love having him around.

No comments: