Friday, June 12, 2009

SSF

I really look forward to Fridays. And it's not because they are any different for me than any other day of the week, but because every Friday we know something extraordinary will happen. Today is a bit muggy for our comfort, having just returned from a jaunt down the road to visit horses. So I knew that strawberry picking would be out and I didn't really have a back-up in mind.

Then I thought about lunch out at a fast food place with one of those indoor play areas. My kids longingly look at those every time we pass one and say, "Mommy, can we please go there sometime?"

That would be exciting to them in itself. Can you tell I'm not very prepared for today?

However, we received a special invitation to swim at a friend's pool this afternoon. It is the perfect remedy to muggy, a delicious surprise and a soothing respite for my frazzled soul. In addition to the tender scones a friend just dropped off at my front door.

Counting blessings today.

No comments: