Saturday, July 25, 2009

SSF

Yesterday was such a lovely, relaxed day ... birthday gift shopping for friends, lunch at home, school time while Erin napped. This summer we're mostly reviewing math with Singapore's Intensive study for the ground we covered last spring. And flash cards. We had some fun writing too, which got me thinking Lanie is ready for her own journal. I told Shane I was thinking maybe Lanie and I should start writing down the things we're thankful for at bedtime, and he was all for it. So as the afternoon quietly crept along, whatever happened to Super Surprise Friday? I woke Erin up just after 4 p.m., and we suited up and went swimming at a friend's house.

Sadly, berry picking is drawing to a close and the fields are only opened on weekends to allow the remaining berries a chance to ripen. Just makes me feel, even with a month left, that summer is almost over. It seems like we just got here.

No comments: