Friday, August 7, 2009

SSF

It was a big day for Lanie: her best friend's birthday party. As morning ticked on, I mopped the floors, cleaned bathrooms, played with the kids. And then it was lunch time. I fixed lunch. Lanie wanted to go out to play.

"Ok," I said. "But I still need to squeeze in a shower, go to the library, stop at the vet's for cat food, all before Olivia's party."

Lanie reconsidered her options.

"Well, can we just go to the library ... NOW? I want to read a few books before the party," she said. "And don't shower. You look great."

I laughed. I did get cleaned up and we just switched some plans around to get library books and cat food after the party.

Great fun. Lots of water activities on a beautiful summer day. Happy kids. Fun stuff. Good memories.

There weren't any super surprises planned on my part, but lots of fun was had. And the point of SSF was to be thankful, which I can say for all of us: we are.

Thank you, God, for beautiful weather, fun water games, a birthday girl, friends, parties and strawberry cake. Amen.

2 comments:

Beckie said...

Thanks so much for your help today & the liveliness you added to our shindig. = )You're a blast!

Courtney said...

Aww, I really can't take credit for it. It was the Raisinettes I ate this morning. I tell you, chocolate makes me a better person. =)

It's a wonderful thing.