Friday, August 14, 2009

SSF

I've been spending some time over at The Pioneer Woman. I tried to resist her because she seemed to be so popular--I don't like following trends so much. But a recommendation about her Tasty Kitchen forum for readers to also post recipes had me curious. So I peeked a few times. I have to admit, I actually now enjoy reading her site and looking at her gorgeous photography. It's like Smitten Kitchen goes country.

After four days of overall yuck, and losing my head (which would be a total of 8 pounds--the hard way), I decided to do a fun project with my poor housebound children. Today we are making Cowboy Cookies, thanks to the Tasty Kitchen over at The Pioneer Woman. This is a kitchen-sink kind of recipe that calls to the innermost cravings of my heart: chocolate, coconut, cookie.

This is mostly just to get the kids involved in some kind of fun that they've been deprived of for four days. And to have some stash in the freezer because: 1. we like our cookies frozen and 2. you never know when a dear friend is going to need a cookie.

I am still committing to the YOU diet. Finding myself in a new number set has a very encouraging feel to it. So I'm going to go with it. Even with cookies in the house. I can do this.

So today's Super Surprise Friday: baking cookies together. I'm finding most of this year's super surprises have to do with food. Hmmm. Next week, we're actually doing stuff that isn't food focused.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

If you try this recipe: be sure to add about 1 teaspoon of salt. The recipe on PW's site is missing this in the ingredients list, but mentions salt in the directions. I figured it would be the same as any choc chip cookie recipe.