Sunday, September 6, 2009

Snippets

Erin's thinking of birthdays already. Hers is in December. "Please make me a Strawberry Shortcake cake? With sprinkles?"

"Ok," I smile.

"You can come to my party, too!" she says, face beaming, hugging me tight.

"Thank you!" I say. Wouldn't miss it.

***

Lanie was humming a song today. "Mom, what's the song about homework?"

"I don't know what you mean," I said.

"The one on the radio. You know, about homework."

I'm hoping she doesn't start to get exasperated because I have no clue what she's talking about. She offers up part of the lyrics, "I don't want to give my homework and lose my soul," she sings.

Huh? And then, oh.

"It's I don't want to gain the whole world and lose my soul!" I say. We had a little laugh over that.

1 comment:

Beckie said...

That's too funny! We love that Toby Mac song!