Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Kisses

I took Lanie to school today. Normally we carpool and she rides with someone else in the morning. This was a nice treat for me.

"Do you want me to pull up to the door or walk you in?" I asked.

"Walk me in," she said.

"Do you want me to walk you to the front doors or into the sanctuary?" I asked.

"Into the sanctuary," she said.

We get inside and a friend of hers comes to say hello. Lanie hands me her backpack and lunchbox to take to her classroom--I had offered to run it down for her.

"Can I get a kiss goodbye?" I asked.

She threw her arms around my neck and hugged me tight and kissed me. I loved it. At home, Erin and I played and ran around and folded laundry and sorted through the twos clothes and unpacked the threes. Ready for a chocolate break, I asked her, "Would you like a kiss?"

She knew immediately what I meant and came running into the kitchen with her hand out.

"One or two?" I asked.

"Two," she said after a moment's thought. Then, "I'm saving this one for Lanie after school."

No comments: