Friday, December 18, 2009

66 Books 2009

I finished up my last post for the year on 66 Books. A year ago I didn't consider what the finish line would look like: Christmas lights glowing in the corner, cup of tea on my left and Bible on my right, quiet house (except for my occasional coughing fits). Almost a year ago, I wondered who'd join me and how it would happen and what it would look like and who would read it. I didn't know then the new writers who'd join us mid-year. I didn't know of the kinks that would have to be worked out. Or how I would feel when I scheduled my last post for the year.

I loved where 66 Books took me. So much that I don't want to stop. As the year end approached, I actually felt like something very big would be missing from my life and I didn't want to see it end. Not only have I enjoyed the insight from so many others, but I have come to cherish my time getting closer and closer to holy words--and the God behind them. This whole process has caused me to slow down to listen.

There's a part of me that's kinda sad this year is over. Fourteen of us wrote over the course of a year and I am so moved by their commitment. Some have decided to join me again next year, and we'll have new voices blogging with us too. And while it's the same book, it's guaranteed to be a completely different journey.

I still have some openings. Anyone interested in writing can comment here or email 66booksinayear (at) gmail (dot) com.

No comments: