Saturday, March 27, 2010

Beginning yoga

A friend of mine has mentioned yoga to me on several occasions. Recently, her specific plug for Rodney Yee hit home enough for me to check it out, especially when she said he had a program just for backs. Curious, I went to his site and checked out his stuff. Minutes later, my shopping cart had the back dvd and yoga for beginners. I eagerly checked our mailbox daily. The dvd's arrived yesterday.

I decided to preview the beginner video this afternoon during a lull in the day. My friend Denise was over and we sat watching the video's detailed instructions of what to do and what not to do. Very helpful. Rodney gives great cues and, like my friend who'd recommended them said, has a very soothing voice. So soothing, that when I looked over at Denise, she was asleep on the couch. A glance back at Shane, and he was asleep on the other couch. With kiddos playing happily in the other room, I stretched out on the floor, closed my eyes and imagined that I was on a beach in Hawaii. And soon I was asleep too.

Yes, yoga is quite relaxing.