Friday, March 12, 2010

The brighter side

I didn't plan it. I went to bed after midnight only to get back out after 2 a.m. from a terrible battle of insomnia. I read some of a book. I scooted around the internet. I did some talking out loud. I tried to go back to sleep at 3:30. Was awake to kiss Shane goodbye. I think it was nearly five when I fell asleep.

The girls were up at 7 a.m. Lanie was tap-tapping on my shoulder at 7:02.

"I'll be down in a minute," I told her, while trying to find a way to slip away from Erin without waking her. But it didn't work. Erin climbed all over me and cuddled. Lanie came back in the room.

"I didn't get to sleep until after four this morning," I mentioned. Lanie looked at me blankly. "I got about three hours of sleep." Nothing. So much for sympathy. Erin continued to cuddle.

"That's ok, Mama. I cuddle you," she said. And then, "Eww. Your breath smells stinky."

On the brighter side, I think last night's rains got rid of the remaining snow in the yard. A totally unrelated highpoint, if that, but I'll take it.

Let the day begin.

2 comments:

jodie said...

I may not comment much but I read every single post. So please don't stop writing!

I find the word verification for this comment to be very "funny" in light of the fact that I have a pinched sciatic nerve and can barely walk... "discisa"! :)

Courtney said...

Hey Jodie,

I feel like I've been living in a fog. I used to post a few times a week, but now I'm lucky to get one out besides the thankful list.

I feel for you! That pain is awful. I hope you get some relief soon. You need anything?