Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dinner tonight

I grilled up chicken last night to carry us through a few days. Tonight I used some to make a chicken salad slightly reminiscent of Panera's apple chicken salad. Even the man liked it.

I used:

mixed greens
grilled chicken
a handful or two of chopped pecans
a good amount of Feta cheese
a handful or two of crisp apple chips (the red delicious kind; I recommend adding after tossing with dressing to maintain crispiness.)
one tomato, sliced
chopped red onion to taste

Dressing:

1 tablespoon apple juice concentrate (I used a no-sugar added variety)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 cup olive oil

Mix dressing ingredients in a jar and shake. Pour over salad contents. Top with apple chips.

No comments: