Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Power struggle

Every night, Shane takes control of the clicker. It doesn't quite seem fair. So this evening I tried some Jedi mind trick on him.

Me: "Tonight we're watching American Idol."

Him: "I'm not watching that."

Me: "Yes, you are."

Him: "I can't stand that show."

Me: "Then you read your book, and I'll watch American Idol. Win, win."

He looks over at the remote control on my couch and makes a lunge for it. I block. He grabs my arms. I bump him with my hips. Then I clock him in the face (accidentally) with my elbow. He grunts. We're both laughing because neither one wants to give in. And he's in pain.

Me: "I'm going to take you out."

Him: "No you're not. You don't even exercise."

We struggle some more ... and I say struggle because we're both laughing so hard.

Him: "Erin! Come get Mommy! Hold her down."

Wuss.

(Wondering if that is an appropriate term for a Christian to use ... hmm.)

4 comments:

6intow said...

Love those fun, spur of the moment, moments. If I want to fight dirty, all I need to do is tickle. For some reason I am not in the least bit ticklish, so it can never be used as retaliation.

So, who won? Although it sounds like you both did. :-)
~Erin

Courtney said...

LOL. He did. But then he put it on American Idol for me. =)

jodie said...

Totally appropriate. And I'm going to figure out how to use it in my blog just to prove it to you.

Courtney said...

Thanks for the laugh, Jodie!