Thursday, March 18, 2010

Writer's block

Sitting in front of a computer screen, being taunted by a blinking cursor at 10:46 the night before a post is due is not a good thing.

I got up and made a cup of sleepy tea. Probably not a very good idea, but I was cold.

Went back to computer and stared.

Back to the kitchen to remove tea bag and sip at tea, having hair-pulling conversation in my head over freedom and why it seems to elude me.

Went back to computer screen and stared.

Got up and made Shane's lunch. Thought about why he never takes a banana when I pack it for him, and packed one for him anyway. Curious to see if he'll actually take it tomorrow.

Went back to computer and stared.

And stared.

Decided to write a non-related post on writer's block and wasted almost ten minutes. I suspect I will regret the lost time in the morning when I might wish Erin had a snooze button on her head. Or at least take an occasional nap.

2 comments:

REG said...

May a free wind blow your way.

Courtney said...

Thank you, Reggie.

=)