Saturday, September 4, 2010

Faux beach

On our last Wednesday before academy starts, the girls and I met some friends at a state park. It had a lake and sandy beach. We got there around ten in the morning, and even when friends cleared out after noon for littles' naps, we stayed. I'm glad we did.



Air still full of summer's warmth. Cool waters and sand between toes. Little minnows welcoming loiterers. Picnic lunch. Buckets and shovels. It was the closest we got to the beach this year, and yet the farthest I found myself from reality. A pretty good combination. I didn't want the day to end.

Later, reading an article about visualization, encouraged to imagine a happy time. I went to the lake. A colorful snapshot in my mind. Not a care in the world and time spent with people I love.

No comments: