Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Joyous noise

Chatting on the phone in a parking lot. I had heard a song that perked my ears and distracted me from my friend.

"Sorry," I said. "I missed some of that. What did you say? A David Crowder song came on."

She is a DCB fan too. "What song was it?"

I'm terrible at these things. "I don't know, but it has the piano keys tinkling in the beginning."

"How does it go?" she asked.

I'm terrible at this too. I don't often sing without music accompanying. But I was thinking, with our church's worship team music so powerful, I've been singing much louder (though I still can't hear myself) ... there's always the chance I've gotten better. This all running through my mind before I open my mouth.

"Oh praise hi-im," I began. My voice cracked on "praise." That pretty much shut it down.

"Oh, I know that one." Awkward quiet.

"Yeah ... I'm going to stick with my gifts," I said.

This one's for you, Beckie.

2 comments:

Beckie said...

Hee-hee! = )

Did you look up the "Open Skies" song? I remember more of the lyrics now that I'm not on the spot to sing them too.

Praise Him under open skies, Everything breathing.... (now I'm stumped again.)

Courtney said...

I'm glad you commented, b/c I had already forgotten the name. I did listen to it. =)