Saturday, October 2, 2010

It makes me want to dance

A munchkin voice singing out into the evening,

"All I know is God loves me, and it makes me want to dance!"

Over. And over.

I got up from my chair and peeked around the corner to see Erin seated at the piano bench, tapping away on keys. I soaked in the moment. She turned to me, and with a glowing face and bright smile said, "Did you hear my beautiful song?"

Yes. I did.

Erin Reese-y Rooster. With her cockadoodle doo; silly bands; stuffed animals; Noonoo blankets (one tattered, one new); her love of wake-up couch cuddles; My Little Ponies; Uno Attack player; The Fib lover; cars in a line to make traffic; reading books perfect for little hands; picture drawing; alphabet magnet frames around pictures on the fridge; her love of chocolate (she gets that from me); copy cat; animal lover; outgoing friend; thinking of others; bottom shaker; tootie girl; cuddle bug.

I hear your beautiful song, and I know that God loves you. And it makes me want to dance.

2 comments:

Karen said...

She had fun in KidPoint. Glad she was able to remember the words to the song!

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.