Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Food links and after thoughts

Somehow, I am doubting this would serve six. Baked potato soup. Yum.

I wonder if Jodie has these ingredients in her pantry, since she's not shopping this month. Pantry pasta for two.

Cherry cake pudding. I'm there.

And chicken tortilla soup. The first time I had chicken tortilla soup was in San Antonio, Texas, and it was good. The last time I had it was out of a can, and it was NOT good. There are probably a good fifteen years in between the first and the last time.

Time to get in the kitchen.

Tonight I made molasses wheat bread, which falls under the category of Poopin' Food.

Molasses Bread

1/4 cup flax seeds, ground or meal
3/4 cup canola oil
4 cups wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 cups buttermilk
3/4 cup molasses
2/3 cup wheat germ

Mix it all together. Pour into two prepared (oil sprayed) bread pans and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 45 minutes. Expect your four year old to eat two slices.

1 comment:

Jodie said...

But I need the "Pasta for One" recipe! :) and yes...I almost do. No olives.