Saturday, January 8, 2011

In this heart

Me: "We got all these great books from the library and I really want to read them with you. How about we cuddle up on the couch after breakfast and read them in the morning?"

Erin: "But what if I'm busy?"

***

Laughing at the cartoon on television; snowflakes with mittens. Erin's mind, "When it snows again and we play outside on our ... sleigh ... I want to ride it with you. Last time I rode it with Daddy, but I really wanted you ... because I love you."

***

Erin walks into the office to ask for another bowl of popcorn and climbs up into my lap. A busy day: party, library, house showing, church.

She cuddles closer and says, "I miss you. I feel like I didn't see you all day."

***

And in the middle of singing this song tonight, I realized my word for the year:

worship

Not this kind: a form of religious practice with its creed and ritual. No. 

No.

But this kind: reverence (profound adoring awed respect) offered a divine being or supernatural power; also : an act of expressing such reverence.

3 comments:

Jodie said...

LOVE your word. I decided mine. You'll find it on my new blog. Found through my current blog.

firefly said...

That is a great word! And what a way to be inspired, through song!
I cant wait to hear where this word takes you!!

Courtney said...

Looking forward to where it takes me too. Surely great places. =)