Monday, February 14, 2011

Chocolate day

Scattered paper hearts make a confetti trail down the hallway and stairs. Mylar balloons for two little valentines. Cards and stickers. Strawberry Whoppers. Dollar-store lipstick love notes on bathroom mirrors.

i (heart) u

be mine

xoxo

So tired last night, I tried keeping my eyes open to 9:00 p.m.

"I think I'll wake up early tomorrow to finish up my stuff here ... pack your lunch," I mumbled.

"You can't forget my lunch on Valentines Day!" he said.

Sandwich made, with a heart shaped note on the bag: You're my favorite valentine.

Kisses this morning as I yawn and stretch to face the day. Awaiting two giggly girls and their a.m. trek down the hall to see hearts scattered just for them. A note in my inbox from a friend wishing me a happy chocolate day.

Smiles.

Thankful.

No comments: