Saturday, March 12, 2011

String on a finger

Don't forget:

how she holds my hand, even in the house through the living room

she has a hard time with "s" and "k" sounds so that basket is bak-set and "The Twisted Whiskers Show" becomes "The Twik-sed Wik-stahs Show"

how she fingers the fringe of her baby blanket

that all week she wakes up wanting Daddy, and this morning when he's home, she holds tight to me

how she tells me I'm the best she ever wanted

how she still fits in my lap cuddled against me

she told me how she loves me more than anyone else in the family does. Lanie said, "I love her the most." And Erin replied, "No, I do!"

how her hair fanned out and her arms spread, her smile filling my heart as I spun her around and around in circles before bed last night. "One more time!" Over and over.

how she sits singing in a big bed at night, surrounded by her favorite plush toys

how little and precious and sweet a four year old is

3 comments:

Kristina said...

there should be a rule about writing things that will make people cry!! :) SO BEAUTIFUL!! these are the memories you want to keep and hold onto FOREVER!! I love it!!

Courtney said...

I'm so glad for the blog b/c I would forget all this stuff!

Michelle DeRusha@Graceful said...

Wow, you capture the precious gifts that come with mothering so well. Beautifully written.