Wednesday, April 6, 2011

His story

Erin and I had a busy morning: cookie baking, chicken roasting, Lego building, matchbox car traffic making, and coloring.We were coloring a page she got from church. It was a picture of a group of cartoon people with a verse from Acts about the first church. We colored all over the picture and Erin began to comment, "I colored this guy before." Crayon wagging, she continued. "He was in a picture with a big rock in it. Someone died." She's four. Wag, wag. "Then he came back alive."

"Was it about Jesus and Lazarus?" I asked. Her eyes widened and her smile spread.

"YES! How did you know that?!"

"I know that story too," I said.

And when I think of all the experiences my kids could have at a church, I am glad that they are at a place that does way more than give them some crayons or toys to push around. I am glad that they learn something that will stay with them their whole life.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

I love to hear what Lily is learning from Church. I like that she is learning about Christ, too, and not just there to play.

I also LOVE your photo/header! The grins on the girls is just great!!!

Courtney said...

Thanks, Kristina! That's a picture from a year ago at Easter. Lanie's teeth are in now. =)