Saturday, April 2, 2011

Losing track of time

Shane and I celebrate twelve years married today. We don't do cards anymore. And we don't do gifts. We've never had a date night (unless you count the time we got a sitter so we could attend a school's open house). Whatever we do is generally with kids in tow, and we are perfectly ok with that.

We gave hugs and happy wishes over coffee this morning, and I actually had to think a minute to figure out: are we on eleven or twelve years? I think he had to think too. It's not a poor reflection of either one of us really. It's a pretty wonderful reflection of where we are, though. Because it's only in the really good things in life that you lose track of time. So if I never remember what year we're on, or he forgets it too, I will consider it the biggest blessing and compliment. That we can lose track of time in each other.

Thankful.

3 comments:

6intow said...

Congrats! Sounds like you are right where you should be. :)

Marshalls_Mommy said...

I love that, that it is a blessing and compliment that you lose track of time in each other. What a great way to look at things! I love that about you.

Courtney said...

=)