Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The ice cream sandwich kindness and generosity test: FAIL or PASS?

Warm day. Grouchy. Wishing grouchy self didn't feel so irritable. Spied two remaining chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches in the freezer.

Two sandwiches.

Two kids.

One mom.

Scratch that: one CRANKY mom.

One child leaves for piano lessons. One child left in the play room. I sneak a bite of one ice cream sandwich while on the phone. I sneak another bite. Then later I stole off to the laundry room to finish it.

Sneaky eating. Boo!

And I came to these conclusions:

An ice cream sandwich tastes really good on a warm day. But it is not as enjoyable when rushing and sneaking to eat it before children catch me.

A less cranky mom would have split it with kids.

I suppose I could let them split the last one ... 

No comments: