Monday, May 23, 2011

One thousand gifts and still counting (1696-1728)

This list was started last week when my breath went shallow and my chest felt heavy from change. I find that when my mind begins to open doors best left closed, I am better off damming the weak places with thanks.

Two pinks running through the grass hope tree canopies tinker bell room hints of woodsmoke dreams imagination copper in the hills Christmas lights on crosses crossroads deafening night sounds faith Joel anticipation expecting the best promises across pages a dream in my heart straddling two worlds piano recital dressy dress last days of school unexpected guest for dinner trust hugs glittery ballet flats a blue sundress friends for the after party red wine later nights cheese and crackers dirty bare feet joy in worship anticipation

No comments: