Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fortune

We stopped by a Bed, Bath & Beyond to get a box of pumpkin spice coffee pods and I impulse purchased little wax tarts for the candle warmer ... fall scents, of course. The girls wanted to smell them, so I handed them over.

"Mmm, these smell good!" Erin said.

"Erin, when you were a baby, you thought they smelled so good that you ate them!" I told them the story of her toddler time sneaking into a gift bag I had set aside to take to Lanie's teacher one year.


Paint purchasing this afternoon with a quick slip into the area bounce place for some jumping. I snagged a picture of the girls.



While the kids were bouncing, I got a mad craving for Chinese food. Thankful for a smart phone, I located an area restaurant and placed the order.

Lanie was a champ and ate everything on her plate, with seconds ... her first time ever having Chinese food. Erin refused to eat. She sat on the steps and cried.

"Do you think kids in China cry when their families eat American food?" I wondered to Shane.

I got Erin and comforted her.

Lanie was eager to get a fortune cookie. She broke into it, read the fortune to herself and started eating the cookie.

"What did yours say?" Shane asked Lanie.

She giggled.

"You and your wife will be happy in your life together."

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Oh I am sooooo gonna say that to her the next time I see her. And I have tarts for you.

Courtney said...

LOL. I'll keep the tarts away from Erin!