Friday, September 30, 2011

Forty-something

Shane asked me what I wanted for my birthday. And if you know me even the slightest, you know that BABY was at the top of the list.

In order of preference: A baby, a dehumidifier, a necklace from Etsy that reminds me of peace, a book, or one of two cookbooks.

Erin said, "Mommy, you might not get a baby."

Thankful to wake to sunshine, hugs and cuddles from my people. An afternoon playdate with friends. Leeks and garlic simmering on the stove for birthday soup (baked potato soup). When my "love language" is time spent together, it's no wonder I feel full thanks to good friends, their hugs and smiles.


2 comments:

Beckie said...

Glad to spend part of your special day with you. = )

<3

Courtney said...

Glad you did too. Thanks for being such a great friend.