Monday, February 13, 2012

A February day

Sometime a year ago, I stood on the front walkway of this property as they held an open house. Snow covered everything and I didn't find it all particularly pretty. I was by myself, with camera in hand. Our contract on the place had expired. Our house was still for sale with no prospects. I tried not to let these details get to me.

In the cold and white and empty, I spoke to the God of my heart where faith leaped in full color.

This weekend, walking in the whisper crunch of fresh snow. Erin in pink. Lanie too old for cold. My camera in hand, snapping picture and picture. It was as beautiful as I knew it could be. Erin rolled a snowball bigger and bigger, and in the still and quiet of a winter morning, I steeped warm in the abundance of wonderful life.














2 comments:

Beckie said...

So very beautiful!

Courtney said...

I couldn't wait to go outside to take pictures. It made me think of Narnia.