Monday, March 19, 2012

One thousand gifts and still counting (2754-2781)

a chorus of frogs in the night, so loud I wondered if I could fall asleep
how they made me laugh

nightsong in the woods
daffodils in a row
heavy rocks
oatmeal in a mug
beauty

Erin's serenade to a mom (me!)
how their hands are still small
recessed lights in
a garden tilled and prepped for planting
how my back hurt from a full day's work

cold water
a glider bench in the garden
buds on trees
frogs in the pool
girls hunting them down before the (frogs') pool party started

inflatables at a 9-year-old's birthday party
lavender cupcakes
with sprinkles
bumper cars
peach wine

Erin walking the rock border of the garden
Lanie's laugh
the opportunities to serve at a great church
being part of something way bigger than myself
copper in the hills

His promises and love
that He can make what's broken work

2 comments:

Reggie said...

Love this and your snow drop picture. Both are lovely.

Courtney said...

Love you, my gardening friend.