Monday, April 23, 2012

Dinner among strangers

Shane is working late tonight. I decided it would be a great opportunity for a girls' night out. We bundled up and headed down the road for dinner in a restaurant. I sat in-between my two best girls. We got drinks and salad and pizza. We talked and sprinkled pizza with extra cheese and hot peppers. Tables around us filled up. We ate together, texting pictures to Shane of their smiling faces and how we missed him. His seat at the foursome empty. Around us, strangers.

Into the car to get girls into hot baths for a late-night movie date in the living room. Complete with mani-pedis. And s'mores.

2 comments:

6intow said...

A precious night, even if you were a person short. :)
~Erin

Courtney said...

It was a sweet evening with them. Has me thinking I should do this more often.