Sunday, June 10, 2012

Timber

We took down two and a half pine trees this weekend. They were tall ... and one was leany ... and they were all messy, dropping bitty cones at the pool deck. I had mixed feelings about taking them down.


I loved them because they were tall.

I loved the sometimes-shade they provided around the pool.

But the leaning one bothered me. And the half one just needed to go. So three went this weekend.


We got them down, cut, dragged, stacked (for fire pit bonfires) in half a day ... times two days.


And then we jumped into the pool and swam the afternoon away ... times two days.


I couldn't be happier to see Shane enjoying a weekend. The kids splashing and giggling and echoing Linda's words from Friday night when she reclined back in a lounger and said, "This is the life."


I hope this post doesn't sound braggy. Since we moved here we have both been hard at work to make this place feel like ours. I'm so grateful for this house and property and a husband who trudges alongside me to get things done--and that he can finally take some time to enjoy himself. So grateful for that. Our lifestyle may not be "the life" for many people, but there is a beauty and a story here that absolutely make it "the life" for us.

2 comments:

6intow said...

I can just smell the pine in the campfire. :) So glad you're loving it and having time to really enjoy with more and more projects checked off.

~Erin

Courtney said...

Thanks, Erin! I think we've done more here in 10 months than we did at the other place in 10 years!