Friday, August 31, 2012

Family chorus

Coloring, cutting, gluing and more cutting out math folder games for kindergarten.



Looking forward to a new school year.

Got away for the day as a family of four to a (relatively) nearby amusement park. Got there when it opened at 10 a.m., and left when they closed at 6 p.m. Swings, burlap-sack slides, twisty rides, roller coaster, (the nauseating) over the park lift. Have I ever mentioned I'm afraid of heights? The things a mama will do for her kiddos. We could have passed the entire day in the water park. Erin barely walked, light on the feet tiptoes and frolics through mini geysers, slip-slidey water slides. Delicious ice cream scoops. Picnic lunch. Shane's face sun kissed, and I noticed the wisps of gray at his temples and thought of how deeply I love him. Lanie a daredevil always, took me with her on adventures and laughed when I sometimes had to close my eyes. Did I mention I'm afraid of heights?

Family portrait.



Cloudless sky, short wait times, sunny day and great temperature.

Hearing mama bird sing again today, then lots of silence. Later replaced by tinsel-thin cries of little babies in the nest. From the window, I watched her nestle deep within the hole of home. Her whole life a song. Exuberant. Joyous.


Good job, little mama bird. So enjoying your family chorus.

No comments: