Monday, August 20, 2012

One thousand gifts and still counting (3222-3251)

Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name

The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes

coffee pods
company for dinner
a grandma neighbor who chatted my ear into the night
bags of vegetables, gifted

and ham
candlelight around the table
black-eyed Susans, cheery in a vase
good talks
family-style dinner around the dining room table

kids running around
a wayward rooster
new (to us) kids on the block
a Saturday play date
gifted toys

Happy Winter chocolate cake
Sunday errands
finding butcher block wood conditioner
lesson plans plotted out
worship on a Saturday night

happiness
books on hold at the library
craft ideas and prep for our first day back to school
which doesn't start until September 10
long-sleeve shirts

wind rustling treetop leaves
a frog on the door
mum blossoms
cozy rooms
a comfy bed

this life

You're rich in love, and You're slow to anger
Your name is great, and Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find
from 10,000 Reasons.

No comments: