Monday, October 22, 2012

Laughter

It wasn't my first choice, but I decided not to drink caffeine today. So I had a cup of decaf for breakfast. And at lunch, I skipped the Coke with my sandwich and drank water instead.

I looked forward to picking the kids up and didn't feel rushed or cranky. When I often thought of caffeine as my energizer, I realized it is sometimes my irritant.

I was copying Lanie's homework assignments down, as she is trying to get a jump on the Tuesday load.

"I missed you," I told her.

"I missed you too," she said and hugged me. "I heard you laughing today." Followed by her imitation of my laugh, rather crow-like and boisterous HAWW HAWW HAWW.

"I don't sound like that!" I said.

I remember my mother for her laugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a sweet moment! I too remember my mom's laughter. Great memories. Love to you all! Connie

Courtney said...

Love you too, Connie! Your mom was always right in the mix of things--a very happy woman.