Friday, November 16, 2012

At her own game

I think I've whispered love into her ears every day of her life.

"You make my heart so happy."

"I'm so glad you're mine."

"I love you lunchabunch."

We play word games with each other.

I say, "Do I love you a little bit or a lotta bit?"

And she always answers, "A lotta bit!"

She has her own game she made up, a love declaration race. Whoever says "I love you more than you love me" first must love the other person more. Sometimes in the race, a word might get left out and the volume certainly gets raised. She's added new challenge to it--she covers my mouth with her sticky five-year-old hands and explains the rules, not letting go until she's ready to race, "Whoever says iloveyoumorethanyouloveme first wins."

We raced this morning, and today I beat her each time, squeezing in enough speed to add HA!

And we laughed and laughed.


No comments: